Dependent Visa
Under immigration regulations, spouses and common-law partners of temporary foreign workers and foreign students, who wish to work in any country, will need an Open Work Permit. Open Work Permits are also available through the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program for international students.

Under immigration regulations, Open Work Permits may be applied for by:
  • The spouses or common-law partners of foreign temporary workers;
  • The spouses or common-law partners of foreign students;
  • International students who have graduated from a any post-secondary institution

To be eligible for an Open Work Permit, graduating international students must meet the requirements under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.

For spouses and common-law partners, Open Work Permits are generally issued with a validity date that coincides with the period of time that their spouse is permitted to work or study, as the case may be. To be eligible for an Open Work Permit, the spouse or common-law partner of a foreign temporary worker or International student needs to demonstrate and meet certain specific criteria and requirement.

For those who are looking to bring their family to join them in the country. This type of application will normally apply to partners, children, and elderly dependant relatives.

The specific criteria will vary, depending on the sponsor’s immigration status in the particular country and the relationship between the applicant and the sponsor. This will determine what requirements have to be met and what evidence you need to provide. If you would like us to manage this dependant visa application on your behalf, you should seek professional advice at an early stage, to ensure that the application is fully prepared and any relevant timing or immigration issues addressed.
Director’s Corner
“Continual education of ones self is the only way of ensuring security for your future, whether you own your independent business or are working for someone else…”